Segment – Force Feed Your Dying Loved-one: Part 1
1) Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association (HPNA) Position statement on Artificial Nutrition in End-of-Life Care www.hpna.org/pdf/Artifical_Nutrition_and_Hydration_PDF.pdf
2) CLEVELAND CLINIC JOURNAL OF MEDICINE VOLUME 78 • NUMBER 3 MARCH 2011
Cancer diagnosis and management – Malignant bowel obstruction: Individualized treatment near the end of life www.ccjm.org/content/78/3/197.full
3) JOURNAL OF CLINICAL ONCOLOGY VOLUME 22 NUMBER 1 JANUARY 1 2004
Doctor, Does This Mean I’m Going to Starve to Death? jco.ascopubs.org/content/22/1/199.full May require purchase to download or read full article.
4) Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism 2008 Feb;33(1):1-11 Home parenteral nutrition in advanced cancer: where are we? connection.ebscohost.com/c/articles/31358673/home-parenteral-nutrition-advanced-cancer-where-are-we
5) GASTROENTEROLOGY 2001;121:966–969 American Gastroenterological Association Medical Position Statement: Parenteral Nutrition www.gastrojournal.org/article/S0016-5085%2801%2970073-X/abstract
6) Annals of Oncology 22: 1478–1486, 2011 Artificial nutrition and hydration in the last week of life in cancer patients. A systematic literature review of practices and effects annonc.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2011/01/03/annonc.mdq620.short
7) Seminars in Oncology, Vol 38, No 3, June 2011, pp 439-442 Parenteral Nutrition in Patients With Advanced Cancer: Merging Perspectives From the Patient and Healthcare Provider www.seminoncol.org/article/S0093-7754%2811%2900090-X/abstract
8 ) Critical Reviews in Oncology/Hematology Parenteral nutrition in advanced cancer patients www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1040842812000182 Requires purchase to read/download full article
9) EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF CANCER 44 (2008) 1105–1115 Management of malignant bowel obstruction www.cinj.org/documents/Managementofmalignantbowel.pdf
10) Annals of Oncology 15 (Supplement 4): iv205–iv213, 2004 Taking care of the terminally ill cancer patient: management of gastrointestinal symptoms in patients with advanced cancer annonc.oxfordjournals.org/content/15/suppl_4/iv205.full.pdf
1) Baylor Health Care System Common Questions and Answers About Artificial Nutrition and Hydration www.baylorhealth.com/…/ArtificialNutritionHydration_rev7.pdf
2) National Cancer Institute Last Days of Life (PDQ®) www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/supportivecare/lasthours/patient
3) Journal of Clinical Oncology To Feed or Not to Feed: Is That the Right Question? jco.ascopubs.org/content/23/25/6256.full
4) International Association for Hospice & Palliative Care Should patients with advanced, incurable cancers ever be sent home with total parenteral nutrition? A single Institution’s 20-year experience. www.hospicecare.com/AOM/2005/july2005article.htm
5) About.com-Death and Dying Artificial Nutrition and Hydration Feeding Tubes and IV’s at the End of Life dying.about.com/od/lifesupport/a/artificialfeed.htm
Segment – Force Feed Your Dying Loved-one: Part 2
Segment – Heart Attack! Heart-to-Heart part 1
Segment – Heart Attack! Heart-to-Heart part 2
NurseBob’s Other Blog – Heart Disease Risk – What? Me Worry???
WebMD – Heart Attack Symptoms In Men
Cardiovascular Physiology Concepts – Myocardial Metabolism
SportsMedicine – Lactic acid does more than cause fatigue
Cardiovascular Consultants – Cardiac Risk Factors
American Heart Association – Heart Attack Symptoms in Women
American Heart Association – Heart Attack
American Heart Association – What is a heart attack?
American Heart Association – What is your risk for a heart attack?
American Heart Association – What are the warning signs of a heart attack?
American Heart Association – Tools and resources for heart attack.
American Heart Association – 911 Warning Signs of a Heart Attack
National Heart Lung and Blood Institute – What Is a Heart Attack?